Water Restoration Done the Right Way in Mount Vernon
Helpful Water Restoration Tips for Mount Vernon Residents
Storms can introduce a great deal of water into Mount Vernon homes and businesses in minutes. Consumers and business owners are often surprised by how much damage water can cause during a storm, especially if water cleanup and restoration are delayed even for twenty-four hours. Porous materials absorb moisture, losing structural integrity, and mold colonies begin growing in as little as twenty-four hours. Our restoration tips and service will help consumers limit the damage.
SERVPRO provides water restoration services to residents of Mount Vernon, covering storms, plumbing leaks, and sewer backups. Fast action by clients and our technicians can significantly reduce the secondary damage caused by water remaining in place longer than necessary. We have found the following tips benefit our clients after storms have inundated their homes with water:
- Ensure the safety of your family and employees. Avoid trips and falls, exposure to compromised electrical systems, and contaminated water.
- Turn off power to all affected areas and remove electronics where possible.
- Call your home insurance company to verify insurance coverage and meet with your adjuster.
- Call SERVPRO for help with water removal, drying, cleaning, and restoration.
- Remove portable contents to a dry area, and clean and disinfect all removed items.
- Remove water, and install air movers and dehumidifiers.
- Remove porous materials that have been compromised to avoid mold formation.
- Arrange for the restoration of flooring, walls, and contents.
- Replace contents that could not be salvaged and cleaned.
SERVPRO can work closely with your insurance company, tracking expenses for water removal, cleaning, drying, restoration, and replacement of contents and structures that cannot be restored or repaired.
Call SERVPRO of Skagit and Island Counties for water restoration services. We provide service to Mount Vernon and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (360) 873-8744.